|Eurofighter in primer colors|
Eurofighter EF2000 Typhoon
Price (June 2013):
Out-of-the box, enhanced with resin details. Painted as RAF Typhoon in primer colors.
Aires late exhausts nozzles; Two Mikes resin intake covers; Eduard Remove Before Flight tags
1) Engine: Alclad aluminium, steel, jet exhaust and burnt iron; Tamiya flat aluminium.
2) Cockpit: Overall internal color XF53 neutral grey, highlighted with intermediate blue from Vallejo acrylics. Control panel painted flat Black XF-1 and drybrushed with modelmaster metalyzer steel. Details painted with various colors from Vallejo acrylics. Seat painted with Tamiya XF-1 flat black highlighted with modelmaster aluminium metalizer.
3) Fuselage painted with primer color XF-59 desert yellow, with some areas in XF-4 yellow green and XF-19Sky grey.
2.1) Aires exhaust nozzles:
2.2) Two Mikes resin intake covers:
a) Fantastic details on the Aires engine exhaust resin set:
b) Control surfaces painted in primer colors and panel lines highlighted:
c) Wings stations also painted in primer colors and panel lines highlighted:
d) Now the long work of painting and masking the fuselage:
Update 2: The fuselage is now painted in primer colors and most parts are ready to install.
- Gloss coat with future for applying the stencils.
- After applying the decals, i used a flat coat of Humbrol varnish to seal the paint job.
- Then i started to build all the possible details that Revell made for this kit:
- I painted the engine parts with several different colors from the Alclad range of metallic paints. I also used Tamiya flat aluminium around the body of the engine.
- With so many details, i decided to display my model on a base. I used a large polystyrene sheet, ascribed the concrete details and painted with some artwork acrylics i found on a store close to home so i would not waste my expensive model paints on the base.
Next you will see the finished work. Stay tuned!